What is up with kids these days!!

I have some neighbors kids that are so bad the girl is 7 and she called me and my friend sluts when we went over to there home to talk to there mom and hang out she said why are you going with those sluts and the mom is just as bad she goes what did you say did you say PLUT me and my friend was like ahhh no she said slut the mom didnt do anything and then her and her brother flips my 12 and 5 yr olds off and calls them f***ers and other names then they are so disrespectful to us we have a window in the front and watch what they do and they hit my car and flip me and my husband off untell we go out there and say something I cant stand there parents they can care less and we called the poilce on them but dont want any more trouble .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd say it's more about the mom. Kids at that age don't know what sluts are, but they do know it's a disrespectful term. Ditto for flipping someone off. My son tried out the word the other day and I asked him if he knew what it meant, to which he said no, he didn't. He was all blushes when I told him. Haven't heard the word since.

It sounds more like the mom isn't crazy about you and that the resulting behavior is an extension of that. Chances are mom has called you a slut behind closed doors and her kids are being used as a way of passing the message on to you by using a messenger that you can't retaliate against.

They are just pawns in the larger disagreement between the adults.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If mom's letting them run wild, then call CPS on her ass. That is totally disrespectful and you should not have to put up with it.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I agree. It sounds like the kids are just being a product of their environment. If the parents act that way and talk that way then their children are going to think that there is nothing wrong with it.

I would tell your children to ignore them and to not talk to them.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• you need look no further than their parents.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Well, children do learn from home, so you know where they get their attitudes from. Do you have a landlord that you can report this too? Harassment isn't too be tolerated anywhere. The landlord will have to follow up and if/she gets too many complaints, then something has to be done. Take pictures to prove your point.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I own my home no landlord but my husband is going to put a camara on our house and get the proof and put it in there mail box and say on it watch this you should be PROUD!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The question should be what is up with the parents. Kids are a reflection of mom and dad many times. The kids are acting out what they see each day.
    Anonymous