My pastor told us not to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses. When I asked him why he got angry and said he knew best. Don't u think I deserved an answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Any pastor who can't hold his own against a witness doesn't need to be offering spiritual advice to anyone. God expects us to to take certain things on faith but nowhere in the entire bible does it say that we are supposed to follow blindly. The whole point of human existence is the concept of free will.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Uh, yeah. You definitely deserved an answer. Sounds to me like someone couldn't come up with a good enough reason. Regardless of your beliefs, I don't think there is any reason to avoid talking to people who believe differently. That's just ridiculous.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Can't you, as an individual, do what you want, and talk to who you want....
    Tonee

Answer by Tonee at 6:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You do. Not being able to give a real answer when it comes to something like that makes someone less credible, IMO....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yep, that's what makes me skeptical of anything. Expecting me to just go along with something just because someone else said so.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Um I would think you deserved an answer. That is crap.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• He doesn't have an answer because it's just his opinion, you can talk to whoever you want to.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Personally, if a pastor answered my questions in that way, I would find another church. He obviously wants you to follow what he says and not question anything. Probably because he really doesn't know the answers to such questions, he just spews out whatever babble sounds good at the time.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yup, new church time!~
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• ugg nothing screams of "i dont know what im talking about" more than getting angry over a reasonable question. i would keep asking him until he gives you an answer. im not sure what denomination you are, but ministers arent the end all be all of religion...they are just as prone to mistakes as we all are.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010