when should you start to take away the bottle??

I am just curious on, when is a good age to start weening a baby off their bottle?

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I weened all of mine at a year. My oldest weened himself at 9 months would not take a botte wanted a sippy cup.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my first born started on a sippy cup at 11 months. my middle child refused a cup forever. i tried every cup they made. she would throw them back at me. by the time she was on a sippy cup she still packed her bottle around. it was like her comfort lol. she used it as a pacifier from 9 months to 2 1/2 years old. it didnt have to have anyhting in it. you could her her chewing it in her bed at night. everyone thought i was crazy but she wanted it. i mean what was the harm it had nothing in it. some babies are glued to their blankies she had her bottle....lol
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i also weened mine around a year (a little before) .i gave him the nuby which is close to the bottle but is a sippy cup.he did great with it. i slowly replaced each bottle feeding with a sippy cup and saved the last bottle for bedtime.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My oldest cut her tongue at 9 moths taking herself off my other 2 were off by 11-12 months

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I introduced a sippy cup at 6 months with my son. By 8 months he was completely off the bottle.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Your baby will tell you. Every child is different and mine just kinda weaned herself.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2010