Either way someone will complain. But what would you choose?

Be a sahm on welfare or a working mom who has her kids in daycare. If they were the only two options a single mother had to choose from then why would other moms be judgemental towards that? If there are other options please tell me what you would recommend?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Working mom-daycare over welfare ANYDAY.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Working mom. Why should we pay for you to stay home with your kids??
    Anonymous

• I would be a working Mom no way would I want to be on Welfare and be able bodied to work & live off the state
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I actually had to make this choice. I decided to go to work.
    I was a SAHM and I found myself in the midst of a divorce. I decided to get a job instead of applying for welfare.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was both at one time in my life you should do what works for you and who cares what others think. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have also done both. I was a student with kids in daycare on welfare. It helped me for a year until I got my degree. You have to do what is right for you. If you can't afford daycare or can't find a good one....you have to stay home.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Actually I am not on welfare. But I am recently single mom applying to as many jobs as I can, which is not as easy in this economy running on empty with jobs, but I have decided that if no one is hiring me and I have no money to feed my child then I will do what I have to to make sure my child is fed, even if it means applying for food stamps, that doesnt mean that's what I want to do, but i will do what it takes to make sure my child has a roof over his head and his needs are met. As im sure any of you would do if you were in that boat.
    Cappy1979

Comment by Cappy1979 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• well, i would work, but the fact is that i am a married woman with 5 kids, and not on welfare, and i am a SAHM, soooo, that is my option!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• A working mom with my child in daycare.

However, if I was in your boat, of course I would get whatever assistance I could until I got a job. Feeding, sheltering, etc. my daughter is the number one priority.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010