whats a good durable plastic food container?

anyone have any suggestions for different sized food containers to send with kids for lunch? something that easily fits into a lunch box with out taking up the whole lunch box, that wont break easily if say it was dropped or stepped on accidently, thats easy to open and close for a kid and has a variety of sizes to choose from or maybe a container that has seperated sections for food?

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 5:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in

• I am pretty sure that tupperware sells something exactly like you are asking for, it is probably pretty spendy though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• thanks it might be worth it well as long as she doesnt lose it lol which i doubt i would have to worry about that
    RobinEsMommy

Comment by RobinEsMommy (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Ziploc and Glad both sell plastic containers in various sizes.  We had all sorts of different ones and they are cheap.  I believe it was Glad that had one that was the perfect size for a sandwich and also had a small one that is perfect for snacks (like carrots or fish crackers).  Ziploc had even smaller ones that were perfect for ranch dressing or some other small treat.

These were the kind of containers that you could throw away and not care too much because they didn't cost much when you bought them in the big multi packs.  We had them to store leftovers.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• With my kids no plastic container is durable. I stick with the old brown bag!
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I like Rubbermaid containers.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have severl different tupperwear containers. I have the sandwich keeper, and a couple different snack containers. They arnt cheap, but the cheap ones have bad lids that dont stay on or leak. I put their names (ds and dd) on them and neither have lost any of them. They are so much better than using the little plastic baggies. Not only for the environment, but I dont have to worry about running out of baggies, or the snacks dont get squished.,
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010