Was Osama Bin Laden a Valient Idealist?

How about Stalin?

Hitler?

Sadaam?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You keep splicing 2 entirely different paragraphs together to try and "win".

Incorrect, the ladies in that thread argued that EVERY soldier is a BRAVE IDEALIST....including your blanket statement, remember? I am not trying to "win"..I just don't see how it is defensable. A re-enactment for historical purposes is a little different than that man was doing.

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) an hour
    **************************
    EXACTLY! I understood what you were getting at....not that hard to see it.
    Yup...a "valiant idealist". Wow...can you believe that stuff?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You keep splicing 2 entirely different paragraphs together to try and "win". In one paragraph, the guy referred to the strategies as valiant. In another entirely different paragraph, he refers to the soldiers as "idealists." Yes, Bin Laden and Stalin are idealists. So were MLK, JFK and Gandhi. Idealist is not a positive or negative word, and you just keep making yourself look silly trying to turn it into one. Anyone who believes in anything is an idealist. Even a nihilist is an idealist, just with some very screwy ideals.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• In my opinion those men are nothing more and nothing less than murderers.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• NO. They were the master minds of evil, murderous plots. There's a big difference between your average every day soldier (who may or may not know what is going on in the rest of his country) and the man at the top, who's calling the shots and planning the murderers.

However, you could call the people who flew the planes into the twin towers "valiant idealists." They were "brave" and they died for their "ideals." The whole "valiant idealists" phrase isn't some giant compliment, as I posted in your other post. Idealist can mean lacking in common sense. And you can be brave and dumb as a post. It's just flowery words.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Imo they were all sick, depraved, cowards. None of them went out and did their dirty work themselves ~ they conned others into doing it for them. They let others die for them, and when the chips were down they all ran and hid like the yellow bellied crud that they were/are.

I, and a lot of other women here, have a bigger 'pair' than all of them put together.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Osama was also a soldier...Do you remember? he was trained by the CIA
    _______________________________
    Nope, didn't know that. gonna go verify.

NP is right, you can apply the term idealist to him, it's not positive or negative on it's own. It just sounds like it should mean something nice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Is sweet a kin a desperate liberal?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• "What about Nazi soldiers?"

What about them? They murdered thousands upon thousands of people soley b/c of their religious beliefs.... I feel no sympathy for them.

As for Osama, he is a murderer... and evil evil man... Are you trying to make people think his actions are okay because "that's what he believes is true??"
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• However, you could call the people who flew the planes into the twin towers "valiant idealists." They were "brave" and they died for their "ideals".

Bad idea, saying they weren't cowards got Bill Maher fired. = )

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I was just kidding when I told you to keep stretching. You need to stop before you hurt yourself!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010