My son doesn't want whole milk

So what should I do?
He just turned a year last sat. and I've given him whole milk.. he didn't like it, so I diluted it.. and he still doesn't like it. He will take a sip of it make an ugly face and throw it down. hah! He's silly.. but he still needs milk, so what's the next step?

Oh and I give it to him when it's cold to room temp.

candiH

Asked by candiH at 6:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It took my daughter a min also.So i warmed it it and slowly went to cold.BUT I have tried all milks and she will only drink lactade
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It can take well over a dozen tries before a kid likes something new. So just keep trying every few days, and if he turns his nose up at it, don't make it a big deal, just move on and try again another day. You could also try flavoring it with chocolate or strawberry, but then you have to watch the sugar. A child doesn't actually NEED milk. What they need is calcium and fat. Try giving your little one cheese and whole milk yogurt instead. As long as your kiddo is getting plenty of calcium, fat, and calories in his diet, there is no reason he has to drink milk. I don't think my son actually started liking milk until he was 16 or 17 months.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my son never liked milk, but LOVES yogurt...he will take yogurt over candy and cookies...so i just always gave him extra yogurt so he had enough calcium...you could always try flavored milk or even soy, but if he dislikes them all, go with foods hi in calcium
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Mix the formula with the whole milk.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Warm and with chocolate :-) So far so good, has worked with our kids. Just like with jar food or any food it takes multiple exposures sometimes though.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I mixed the formula with regular milk for about a month before switching to just regular milk. I increased slowly the amount of milk so that they really didn't notice it. When my son turned 2 he stopped drinking milk all together. I then had to resort to Ovaltine (which we call hot chocolate and now I have to almost force him to drink something else and he doesn't like hersheys chocolate milk, just Ovaltine- at least it has Some nutritional value.
    Shannon000

Answer by Shannon000 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2008