What's the hardest job you ever had?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• New mom.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• never had a "hard" job.

but the grossest thing I ever did was fast food. i lasted less than the 3 hour training and told them I quit. LOL... there was no way I was going to hang out with all that grease for min. wage. I found another job within the week.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The hardest job I've ever had is also the most rewarding job I've ever had, and I'm sure any mom would agree; being a mom!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Motherhood - a product of a dysfunctional family, extra tough to become a great parent.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The hardest jobs I have had are usually the crappy ones like the I have right now. Long, terrible hours working with unprofessional people that don't give a crap about what they're doing.... and getting paid very little to do it. It makes every single day miserable.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My hardest job was being a maid at a motel gave me great appreciation for how hard they work for the little pay they get so everytime we are at one I always clean up after us
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• hardest job I've had was working with abused and neglected, psychotic kids. It was rewarding too, but hearing their stories would break your heart. Seeing the damages done by "parents" would blow your mind. These kids were in a group home (and a step away from the institution/hospital). Yes, most of the time it was like any family life, chores, homework, playing.... And we got to be the ones that took them to their first movie, their first birthday parties and show them caring relationships. But we were also the ones there in the middle of the night as they re-lived being beaten, raped and left for dead by Mommy or Daddy. We were there to wipe the tears and mend the heart. I fell in love with the kids (much the same way teachers can) but they weren't mine. I couldn't "make it all better". I would never be able to erase the hurt and pain.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 6:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I worked in an large institution for severely retarded children. It was the toughest thing I ever did, but after the initial sadness I worked there 4 summers. I came to love them a lot and see their personalities......something that their parents never even tried to see.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Physically at the airport loading and unloadingbags during the summer and pregnant. Mentally working in the office at a store and being in charge of all the money. ALways thinking and hoping everything was ok with it.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 6:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Being a parent.
    earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010