Religious knowledge (just curious)

What religion (other than your own) do you think you know the most about?

What religion do you think you know the least about?

Plum419

Asked by Plum419 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Catholic. I know a lot about different protestantism beliefs (once saved always saved, faith alone) and their founders. All that falls under the Christianisty umbrella, though.

I know a lot about Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses; I don't consider them Christian because they don't use the triune Baptism formula that Jesus prescribed.

A know a lot about paganism of the Lakota Native American tribe, but not too much about other paganisms.

I'm familiar with Islam (aren't the women pretty when they wear a hijab?), and I probably know more of Judiasm than I realize.

I think I know very little about Hinduism (I have a Ghandi quote on my fridge) and Buddism but probably know more than I realize cuz I answered questions those correctly on the PewForum quiz.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 6:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know some about Buddhism, and a little about Christianity, and a little about Muslim, but that's it!! I know the least about everything else.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know a lot about Christianity and I would like to more about Hinduism.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know quite a bit about Islam. I think I know least about Paganism, I guess. I'm pretty well read on most of the religions of the world, but because Paganism is such a diverse kind of faith there's not much about it in my World Religion books. :)

I'm a Christian Universalist btw.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm Pagan, but I probably know the most about Christianity (besides my own). I would like to learn more about a lot of religions, but my top two that I want to learn more about are Islam and Hindu. After that, I would really like to learn more about Voodoo because it's always interested me a lot.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• father, son, holy ghost!!!!! Thats my guess!!! mommytobe626
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 9:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• im Christian and i probably know the most about Shinto b/c i lived in Japan for a number of years and its always fascinated me. the purification rituals, the importance of ancestors, and their festivals...all stuff i saw on a daily basis.

i know the least about Scientology cause they dont allow outsiders to really learn much about it and i cant just cant find any information that doesnt read as biased (for and against).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I studied Christianity for many years - I used to own about 15 different versions of the Bible and many other Christian texts. I studied with a Jehovah's Witness for a couple years because I found they were very, very familiar with the Bible. I also had a wonderful study Bible gifted to me by friends that I enjoyed. I also studied alot of Wicca and Goddess stuff and participated in pagan (groups of mostly Wicca/Goddess followers, a Druid, etc.) rituals and groups. I taught religious education in a UU church - which touches on as many faiths as possible - to both children and adults for several years.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know the least about Islam probably - I wasn't exposed to it for a long time although a good friend of mine who practiced taught me a little. That and Shinto - and some more obscure religions...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Buddhism and Catholicism. I am slowly working on learning more about Shintoism and Islam,.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010