If you are friends with your SIL and your brother confided in you that he found out...

She was having an affair on him what would you do?
I am lost and stuck inbetween them. My SIL and I are friends (not besties but friends). My brother just found out she has been sleeping with one of his friends (he told my brother in an email). My brother has not confronted her yet and he plans on moving out of their apartment and is going to staying somewhere secret but he called me crying and sad. She called me today like normal and is sending her normal daily messages on Facebook and such...I don't know what to do!

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 6:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been in a similar situation. Someone I was friends with covered up the fact that my husband was having an affair and it pissed me off. You need to stand by him. She hurt him and she doesn't deserve to have your friendship. She doesn't sound like she is really upset by what she done. Marriage doesn't mean crap to some people. Be there for him and help him he will need it
    samhain

Answer by samhain at 11:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Unless your brother is a complete ass who beat her (still she broke vows)
    You need to stand by HIM
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Your brothers interests should come first ESPECIALLY in this situation SHE cheated not HIM and YOU need to act just as dumb as she is when he leaves, do not tell her where he is if that is his wish
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 6:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Family comes first. I would just go with his wishes on this one and not say anything to her, you don't need to put yourself in the middle of this
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, look at it this way, what kind of friend does this? She's really not that good of a person, is she, to cheat on a good man? Who loves and cares for her and HER three children? Not their three kids? She may be your friend, but he's your brother. You don't need to bring it up to her, but the shit will hit the fan soon. And if he doesn't want her to know where he is, you need to respect his wishes. Don't tell her. Please don't break his trust in you, he's had enough of that already.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Tell her you love your brother and will not get involved.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'd take my brother's side if it comes to that...meaning in a supportive way. I would let her know that you will be there for HIM and that's really all I'd say.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• He has never done a thing but love her and care for her and her three children. I am just a bit shell shocked because I never thought she would ever do this nor did he...
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• not their's they are hers from a previous relationship...
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• btw ladies he is not even telling me or my family where he will be staying at least for a while...he needs seperation and thinking time he calls it...but he is easily depressed so I made him promise that he has to call me every day before work and after work or before bed....and if I dont hear form him I will show up at his job looking for him! I will not say anything to her about anything but I know her well enough that she will try and get me involved...ugh...I hate it when things get ugly like this....
    :[
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010