how long after taking the birth control shot can I get pregnant

bre_4804

Asked by bre_4804 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• If you want to get pregnant then why are you getting a shot to prevent pregnancy? You might need to state with shot you are taking too because I am sure different ones work differently
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• your question is confusing?? But I'm assuming you took your last BC shot and now want to get pregnant. If that's the case the answer is probably when your next shot would be due and thereafter, if you don't keep receiving the shots....
    Anonymous

• I was on the shot for two years. I got off of it and didn't get on BC right away because I wanted that crap to get out of my system, so I took a 6 month break. No pregnancy during that time. So then I got back onto the pill, and was on that for about 6 months, and then forgot a couple doses...BAM I got pregnant...

So it took me about a year...no one can really tell you, I have heard reports of women who went sterile from being on it for so long, which is why I stopped taking it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• With different women you'll have different results. I've heard before that Depo can take up to 10 months to get fully out of your system, but I can't say for sure if that would be the case for you. My only advice is to try and if after 6 months you're still having no luck (6 mos. from the time you're due for the next shot, that is), go back to the doc and find out if it's still in your system and if it isn't see if you're able to get pregnant on your own or if you may need help. Good luck!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 5:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Ok so I assume u were taking the depo-provera shot right? Well I was on the shot for 6 years and it took me about a year and a half to get pregnant afterwards.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008