How can I get my 5 yr old to stop bitting her nails?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am a licensed nail tech. I used to bite my nails, too. MAYBE: Promise her a big girl manicure if she can let them grow a little bit, or just take her to a local salon and let her `look` at all the polish colors and let her `talk` to a professional about proper care of nails ( this kind of 1 minute consultation should be complimentary!) or you can buy "dont bite it" polish that has a matte finish and tastes bitter. - * or get the book "The Bearenstein Bears and the bad habit " ..... sister bear starts each day with 10 dimes, she has to "give up" a dime each time she bites her nails...... when she is able to save up a certian amount of money - she gets to go shopping. HOPE THIS HELPS!
    willsmomma4ever

Answer by willsmomma4ever at 6:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• hotsauce maybe. Just paint it on her nails while she is sleeping like you would nailpolish or you can do it when she is awak that way when she goes to bite them, she gets hotsauce and will prolly stop soon. Either that or she will love hotsauce lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• tell her she will get worms.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2010