How much would you spend on a new sofa or living room set, if you were going to buy one?

We are looking at to get a sectional sofa, and everywhere we look the prices seem pretty high to me, so I'm really trying to figure out what a reasonable price to spend on one is.

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I so need new living room furniture but just not in my budget. I found one foraround 1200 I really like but will have to save for that one.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I spent about $1000, that was 2 years ago and it's still in good condition. If I had the resourses I would have spent more and got something a little higher quality.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• For a whole living room set about $2000.00 for just a couch probably 1200.00
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Probably 15-2000
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I spent 700 for my leather sofa. Love it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It depends on how long I expect it to last, and how much I can afford.....I like good quality, so I'd be willing to pay a little extra for something I really like....IF I can afford it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We are looking for one too and we are planning to spend between 1 and 2K. We are probobly going to buy off of overstock.com
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd say around $2000 for four upholstered pieces. For coffee tables and other accessories I'd look on Craigslist! I bought a large BRAND NEW (from dealer), perfect condition, Pulaski curio cabinet for $300 that I looked ALL over the internet for, and the cheapest price for the exact same model was $1200!! I LOVE a bargain! :o)

I would also shop Ashley Furniture (they have several different brand lines under the Ashley name)...it's the same stuff sold in many higher end stores...for MUCH less--I comparison shopped, and found this to be true! :o) The microfiber Ashley set I have in my family room has certainly held up to two VERY active boys from toddlers to 3rd grade--bouncing, spills, stains, and then some--all cleaned up easily with soap and water. I plan on buying a new set by Christmas, and moving the old set to our basement and slip covering the pieces--since the "bones" are still in great shape!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 6 years ago I spent about 6K on a new living room set from Raymour and Flanagan (a leather sofa and love seat, end table, coffe table and an entertainment center) and it looks just as good today as it did the day I bought it.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 5:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• We spent $1800 for a loveseat and sofa w/delivery. We bought our coffee table separately and it was around $250. I opted out of side tables cause it's just more places to put cutter and I hate clutter.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2010