tell me some stats please; are you married living off one income? # of kids and ages? and how much gross monthly income do ya bring in?

so to further understand how everyone really does it financially .... if you are married living off one income please answer; how many kids are in your household and how old are they? how much is your or your spouses gross monthly income? i would like to ask how much you actually bring home-i.e. net income but there are so many variables of what is taken out of peoples checks for many different reasons like health insurance and child support for kids not in the household so that is optional if ya want to tell that

RobinEsMommy

Asked by RobinEsMommy at 6:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Single, one income, no support, I bring home $1238.62/month and I have one 14y/o son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well 4 every other week(my nephew lives between places every week), soon to be 5. Two 2 year olds(nephew is two), a pair of ten month old twins, and soon to be a new born.
    My husband makes 4 or 500 every two weeks working at a Subway and we live at my MIL's place. The electric because of the frickin electric company raising the costs of electrcity is now 600$ a month and my MIL and my husband are barely even scraping by.
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• married, living off hubby's income as a US soldier in the Army. We make 1,500 dollars every 2 weeks, we get BAH ( housing) so we have no rent, or utility bills) we only pay cell ohone, insurance, and cable/Internet...etc. I am a SAHM I have 1 boy -age 7, and 3 girls ages 4,3, and 1 and a baby due in January! The 1, 500 dollars in gross income, after all is yaken out! We pay bills on the 1st and have 1/2 of the 1st payday left and all of the 15th payday! We do very well!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I live with my df, who is the father of all 3 of my kids and doesnt have any other children. Our children are 2yts, 1 yr, and 1 month. I am a sahm, and my df bring in after taxes about 10,000 a month. And he will be 21 on the 19th and dropped out of high school in the 10th grade and has yet to get a ged.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• married, sahm, one 5yo, one-income/dh..'bring-home' is $5650/month, after taxes/insurance. (this doesn't count the yearly dividend checks or bonuses)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Single mom, two kids, bring home $1950. Per month.

SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We are a family of 3 and our incomne varies greatly We both work sometimes hubby gets overtime and sometimes not sometimes I'm off work because there isn't any school I work for the school system and I get no summer pay on a really good month we are pushing 6,000
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• There are 4 of us, Kids are college age. Hubby works and brings home on average $2300 without OT every 2 weeks. We have more than $400 of his take home pay taken out before we see it for insurances (health and life) and 401k. We do ok but have several bills besides, electric, gas, TV & internet and cell that we need to pay off.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• These stats don't mean anything unless we know where everyone lives. The cost of living in your area GREATLY affects these stats. Making 40K in Alabam would probably make you well off, whereas making 40K in NYC puts you at almost poverty level. All relative.
    Anonymous

• We are a family of 4 two kids ages 4 1/2 and almost 3. Live off of hubby's income and he brings in about 1200 a month after taxes. We don't have a lot of free money but we make it. I will be going back to school shortly and going back to work once the kids are in school full time.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010