going off birth control and crazy hormones!!

im 33 have been on seasonique for about 5 years. 2 weeks ago i went off the pill and since then i have not been myself. i have had some really bad migraines and my hormones are so out of control my poor husband doesnt know if he should talk to me or not! the littlest thing will set me off and i cant control myself. everyone has their moods but not like this. this isnt how i normally am. i could cry at the drop of a hat anytime. i feel so out of control. one one hand i feel bad for him but on the other hand why cant he just be sympathetic and understand. then i feel guilty and start crying! has anyone gone through this or have any suggestions to help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• When I got off my BC i almost got right back on. It was HORRIBLE. Like worse than PMS. It took about 3 months for my body to regulate again. I wish I had an answer that was helpful other than "wait it out" but that's all they told me to do.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 6:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• idk if your dr told you when you get off meds; if it's not PRN (as needed) then you should always...ALWAYS slowly come off it. you took a whole pill once a day for 5 years you should have taken 1 for 5 days, 1/2 for 5 days and then reduce the days of the 1/2 pills so your body could get use to having less hormones in your system. you jacked your system up cuz you just stopped. but you should feel better in a few days. if not then call your doc
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i had to go off the pill all at once because i had surgery. the pill in addition to my surgery was too much a risk for blood clots so i was unable to ween myself off
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010