Why are people so rude??

My daughters original due date was 9-10-07. I was enduced on that day BUT she decided to make her appearance on 9-11-07. When people ask when her birthday is and I say they make face or make comments... I usually say now we have something happy to think about on that day instead of sadness. That does not work people are so rude GRrrrrrrrr

maddysmommy907

Asked by maddysmommy907 at 7:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell them to screw off. My second child's due date was 9-11, but she wanted to stay in a little longer. I was tickled pink with her orginal due date. 9-11 was a horriable event. A baby being born on that date is wonderful because life keeps going on.
    paige1980

Answer by paige1980 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• That day will always been associated with tragedy for most people,although God in his mercy provided your family with a beautiful ray of sunshine. I happen to remember a little girl at our old church who was born on 9/11/01!!! Imagine the looks and comments her parents get!!! Try not to take it so personally and just remember how blessed you are to have your little girl. That day was bittersweet for us because I was pregnant with our second child and we were told a week before there was 10% chance he would have Downs and I was lying on a table having an ultrasound when the attacks were happening. We got good news that day but as we were leaving the hospital we found out about the planes hitting the World Trade Center. So we felt guilty about celebrating that our baby was healthy while so much tragedy was occurring.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Tell them to go fly a kite.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I'd head off the comments... when they ask say "It's September 11th, isn't it nice to have something happy to celebrate on that day?"
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• A friend of mine has the same problem she is 11 now and it happens to her a lot people are rude because they see nothing but what they want, she tells people when her birthday is and they say "oh I'm sorry." She got so upset once that she no longer wanted to have one, I think people need to understand that it was tragic and that it will be remembered but not to make someone ashamed of when they were born. You can't ignore it but try not to let it get you or your daughter down as she gets older.,
    Kris8621

Answer by Kris8621 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• what a horrible thing to hear. when they say something tell them, "god took a lot away on that day, but he gave me a lot too and i'm damned proud that my daughter proves that in the midst of the world falling apart, god still gives us hope and love." that should shut them up.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2008