Does any one else have an ex that hides and can't be found?

He is supposed to sign over his rights, since he won't pay what is court odered and he is still hiding.

mfields13

Asked by mfields13 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I wish mine would hide! It has been 9 years this month that our divorce was finalized and he is still trying to control my life!!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Mine has been hiding since took off. Divorce was final March of 2009 and I am tired of having to rehire the lawyer to try to get something out of him. He agreed to sign over his rights so he doesn't have to pay no more and he is again hiding and avoiding the lawyers. I just want it all done with.
    mfields13

Comment by mfields13 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Check out your state laws. Once you meet the abandonment standards, hire a lawyer and have his rights taken away.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have been waiting for this. The lawyer said since he hasn't seen the kids in almost 3 years it shouldn't be a problem. The problem is no one seems to know where he is to make him sign the papers. It has been a very long dragged out process.
    mfields13

Comment by mfields13 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Since my daughter bio dad hide I went to court and he lost all his rights as a father.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 7:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Right now he has lost his rights via Judge ordered. He is to sign over all rights. But like usual he is hiding and NO ONE seems to know where he is....
    mfields13

Comment by mfields13 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my ex hid w/ my son had to go to court he showed up and wont tell me where he lives but has to bring my son to me for visitation now
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 12:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well, he has finally signed papers and they are at my lawyers office waiting to gone over. I will not have to see or hear from him no more. Down side he walks away and owes nothing. Plus side the kids and I are able to live our lives.....
    mfields13

Comment by mfields13 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2010