Gay marriage why are you for or against it??

Please no religious reasons because that isnt fair because not all of us believe the same so we all should not be set up for the rules of your religious followings....

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Am I for or against equal rights for all? FOR

and for those who say they don't care: would you care if your black sister and her white boyfriend were unable to marry? would you care if your disabled child was refused an education? would you care if your chosen religion was declared illegal? would you care if your Jewish neighbor wasn't allowed to access public schools? would you care if your Muslim friend was denied the ability to use public transportation? The "I don't care" argument is just plain stupid ... the reality is that ALL people deserve equal rights. And if YOU had the right to marry the person of your choosing, SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Research shows the children raised in households with same-sex partners both succeed and fail with the same ratios as children raised in other households.

To block the rights of marriage for some and allow for others? Is a violation of our constitution. And a violation of simple human rights to be with the person of their choosing.

To say that same-sex marriage should be illegal because you don't like it means that brussels sprouts should be illegal because I don't like them and driving Toyotas should be illegal because my neighbor doesn't like them and so on and so on. If you don't like it, don't do it, don't eat it, don't buy it and don't drive it.

Yeah. It's that simple.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I support it and it is legal in Canada.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• For. I am straight and I have the right to get married to whoever I love. So should everybody else.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 6:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am for mature consenting adults getting married when they are in a healthy relationship. I don't care what gender the people are. I disapprove of tons of marriages (all straight ones BTW) but it's not up to me to decide who should get married. And it's not up to the government.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 6:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• For. The Supreme Court ruled years ago that marriage is a basic human right. So give everyone, irregardless of their sexual orientation, the right to marry whomever they please as long as everyone is a consenting adult.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• entirely, absolutely, and wholeheartedly.

marriage, not some half-assed "separate but equal" arrangement.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Okay. I don't agree with it. My reasons include my "faith" which isn't the same as "religion", but I'm assuming you see them as the same so I'll just end it there.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am in favor of same-sex marriage because it is an equal rights issue. I look forward to the day when religion can be taken out of this debate, and we can look at it with fairness and without judgement. Hopefully that day will arrive soon.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Scientifically, it's wrong. Two homosapiens of the same gender cannot reproduce

so you only have sex to reproduce?

scientifically, it occurs in nature, so scientifically, you're wrong.

we're not discussing SEX, we're discussing MARRIAGE. which, scientifically, by your definition, is unnecessary, since reproduction is possible in its abscence.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010