Do you Think the Models Influence Our DaughterS too Much

especially where their weight is concerned? I didn't seem to have that problem with my girls, they were both small weighing abt 105 each, but I do think a lot of our young girls out there are very much influenced by these models. It does put pressure on them about weight, hair, looks etc. but I never got any feed back from my girls. If it bothered them I guess they talked about it to each other or their friends. How do you feel about this?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• not only the models but socity in genral. everything is geared towards the smll girls.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, as a teen from the late 80's I can tell you that being constantly bombarded by the images of the "supermodels" was not something easy to live up to.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think so....to some degree it does.
    CristieLee

Answer by CristieLee at 11:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Airbrushed photos of models present a "perfect" standard that young girls use to measure themselves by ... and they often feel that they simply can't measure up.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't have daughters but I do worry when all we see in magazines are super skinny models that are not healthy looking at all.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yea I think they do.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:30 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no I don't.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I dont have an issue at all with it. If Im selling a toaster Im going to put it in a georgous kitchen with granite counter tops and high end appliaces.... same with clothes.... Im selling a dress Im going to put it on a skinny tall pretty girl.

I think a bigger issue with "the media" is normalizing slutty behavior. All these teen moms getting in the tabloids.... crap! The show was supposed to show the down side of doing something so irrirsposible. And now these girls are in magiazines??? They are sudo celebrities?? and what about shows like Jersey shore.... could we have found bigger sluts????

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• no
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2010