Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i try getting a hold of her?

My husband has been paying child support its been 1yr and 2 months since we last heard from her and my stepson, she changed her number as well as her family and moved, just last week thanks to technology i found her on myspace, and my husband has an appt with attorney monday to try adn get a pi to track her down to find out where she lives, my husband send her a mesage asking how his son is doing, and that he has the right to see him, she read it but didn't respond. should i try to talk to her to get her to aleast call my husband so we can know about his son? either way she don't know and we are seeking legal advice and doesnt think my husband would do that to her but as my husband and iwere talking, its not about her or him its about his son and wat's the best interest for him. i basically wanna know should i try talking to her? should i do anything at all, i just feel really helpless.

Answer Question

Asked by Snavarro08 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

Level 11 (594 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I personally would leave it in the hands of the lawyer, you might just make her mad, or more stubborn. I do agree it's about his son, and should be, but sounds like she won't be doing it in the interest of her son. She obviously doesn't care as much as she should and I wouldn't let her know any of your business, and you may slip and tell her things she shouldn't know. I'd stay out of it for the sake of the son. But your hearts in the right place.

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • the only reason we want to know is becasue she is proud adn brags about her family having gang connections and im on college learning how the court system works and i checked her name and fmily in public records and she has had numerous tickets for never buckling her kids in, she has had 3 reported cases to cps for child endangerment, we reported 1 time when she said her and her husband were arguing adn she locked my so sonin closet for 5 hrs becasue her husband hit her other son and his arm fractured, cps told her she sadi another story and they had insufficent evidence and her brother is was arrested in theri moms house for aggravated assualt with a deadly weapon, another is facing state jail felony, and her husband has seizures adn cannot stay with kids alon becasue he isnt fit enough to care for himself as well as a child and she openly admits to leaving her kids with him while she gets he nails nad hair done. I cannot

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • understand how the courts can be so blind to not see the most obvious, i personally do not see her as afit mother or her family enviroment to be safe in at all for any child. i really hope that we will get custody for his son, and i hope her other kids will be ok

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • I would not make any attempt to contact her, as it might make her suspicious or set her off. I would hire a lawyer and ask about hiring a PI and then turn over any evidence you have against her. Then let the lawyer and courts go after her. I would make sure any/all child support is paid up, that way she can't try to use that against you. Does your husband have any visitation rights? If so I don't see how she can (legally) keep him from seeing or talking to his child. Good luck I hope everything works out!!

    Answer by MizLee at 7:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • after my husband and i had our son thats when she decided to get child support from him after the fact that he was still giving her money and she even agreed to get back childsupport, and after she started to recieve her payments she changed her number adn moved, my husband does have visitation rights he called attorney general they pretty much asked if was paying child support which he was so after that they told him they cant give out information but wat they have on file from her is the same she has reported any changes since court and they told him to get an attorney he called an attorney and was told we would have to hire pi to find her.

    Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships