how can i stop falling for asshole men..i keep getting my heart broke cuz i fall fast and hard

i dont know how to stop falling for them sooo fast

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Perhaps you're not falling in love, but infatuated with the idea of being in love. Or the drama of having someone to call your own...

Love isn't about obsession, or about not being able to think of anything else at all, or not being able to see someone clearly and accurately.

Here's a piece of advice I liked given to a guy who'd been in and out of many horrible relationships very quickly: buy a plant. If, in a year, that plant is thriving and alive, buy a dog. In a year, if the dog is well-trained, calm and healthy (and still alive), ask the friends in your life for suggestions of NICE, SANE and CALM people who are single and go for coffee with a few of them.

If you really can't figure out how to select appropriate or upstanding man, it would be a really good idea to stop being involved for at least a few months until you can figure out why you're attracted to morons.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• stop dating them in the first place. Have some higher standards.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree, you need to sit down and tink about what you want in a man and what you will not live with and keep that in mind when looking. Also give the relationship at least a couple of months or so before really deciding anything that way you can see ifit will work or not before getting serious.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would ask myself one question can I see this person being with me in times of trouble? If the answer is no drop them second can you see this person with you in five or ten years? if no runs like a thief in the night. Keep asking questions and trying to figure out if the person will be there when stuff goes down and when stuff is good.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010