connections with exwife

My boy friend and I have live together for 2 years, he has been divorced for ten . But I think he is still in love with her. HE SAID HE IS OVER HER, BUT . I DONT THINK HE IS I FEAR THIS WILL KEEP US FROM GOING FORWARD

outwithold

Asked by outwithold at 7:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• What makes you think he is still in love with her...I mean what does he do or say that would lead you to that conclusion?
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• what makes you think he is still in love with her? 10 years is a long time to be divorced. If it was me I would def not think twice about someone from 10 years ago. Unless maybe we had kids together but even then it would only be about the kids. Maybe try and talk to him about your feelings and ask him to prove himself to you by making a gesture toward the future (i.e. a promise ring, maybe an engagement ring, etc)
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with the above two posters. If you want our advice, we need more details.,
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Maybe he is... maybe he isn't.. but the fact is they ARE divorced and so their marriage is over, but she will ALWAYS be a part of his life in some way, like it or not... you will just have to accept that... and I agree with anxious1stimer, perhaps he needs to prove his love for you in regards to the future...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes I think we need more facts to really help with this question. What does he do or not do that you feel he is still in love with the ex?
    Communication certainly is the key to any healthy relationship and being able to talk about the issues can help clear up any anxiety or concern you may have.
    serenitystarr

Answer by serenitystarr at 7:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010