• In the Spotlight:

Perimenopause???

Ladies, the last few weeks have been rough. I had a very short monthly cycle past few months and I have moderate back cramping. I have had an increase in anxiety and have an overall feeling of malaise. I am not depressed, I keep up with all of my responsibilities, activities...I just feel physically crappy, like a low level PMS for the last few months.

I am in my mid-forties...is this the change, is it starting? Anybody going through what I am going through? It is a strange, strange trip...

cerealmom2

Asked by cerealmom2 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• This can absolutely be perimenopause.

It's a good idea to be vigilant with your self-care, because the fluctuations of hormones in your body will cause a lot of physiological stress... which will make you nuts if you're not getting enough sleep and not enough rest, not exercising enough, not eating well or drinking enough water.

After that's all done, you may still experience unpleasant physical and emotional effects, but they'll be easier to handle than if you're also malnourished, exhausted, dehydrated and over-worked...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010