Ex lying to son, about son... how do you protect your child with visitation? Son has Down syndrome.

My ex has lied about tons, but when he tried lying about our son who has Down syndrome saying the child was pulling on his ears a weekend prior to him getting sick with a cold well I sat back thinking a line needs to be drawn here. My ex sure never mentioned this to me the week prior to him actually getting sic. I just KNOW it's a lie becus my son was fine that week. Now my son has sensory issues and my ex KNOWS this. At one point he lied to my son telling him the sign for pink was red. He also was leading a secret life and teaching my lil one to do the same. I want to protect my child. On another day, Dad was going 60mp and swerving with son in front seat of truck- my son threw up. I was behind him so he called me. We signed a paper for reasonable visitation which we drew up ourselves but what is reasonable?. I'm thinking of visitation for 2 hrs now at McDonalds. Anyone have an similiar experience or any ideas?

serenitystarr

Asked by serenitystarr at 7:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm unclear of what you are saying with this writing. If visitation is a court order that you both created and agreed that was signed by a judge it cannot be changed but by taking him back to court and proving why his visit need to be reduced.
    mamakrysoftwo

Answer by mamakrysoftwo at 8:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• whatever visitation is set up it is best to protect yourself and your child to do it thru the courts... at least have it filed there. If you feel that bio dad needs to learn some more about downs and parenting you can put that. The 2 hrs at McD's with you supervising will NOT fly w/o tons of proof in most courts.
    With out an order filed in the court system... in MOST states parents are equal and possession is the whole law.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• in my exs agreement we have a clause called the truth clause we cant lie to them like that about important stuff and we cant say bad bout other parent its usually not done but it could help u
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2010