Is it better for the child if parents are together?

My ex is wanting me to live with him and our two yr old son because he thinks it would be better for our son that we be together. I don't want to be with him again because we hurt each other way too much and I honestly don't love him that way anymore. He is actually more of a brother to me than just my son's father. I would like my son to be happy and have both his parents together. But is that was is best or will that make things harder for my son?

mommyrebecca

Asked by mommyrebecca at 7:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• It is better to come from a broken home than a unhappy home.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think so it could cause the child depression I think its better for parents to be civil and stay together for the child and make him/her have a better life.
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My parents got divorced and it turned out my mom was just a miserable human being either way but I would say it would be better for the child to have at least one parent who loves them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yeah, it's over... if he wanted to be together with you then he should have tried harder to make the marriage work.. I think living together under these circumstances would just generate waaay too much stress.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think if the relationship is healthy and positive then yes. But of it is not...no.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you are not going to be happy there just like dancinintherain said.. better to come from a broken home than an unhappy home. A child will know that you are not happy there.. and you don't ever want your child to think it is okay later for them to stay in a broken relationship or marriage even if they are unhappy.. or anything of the sort. So, yes a child does need both parents.. but they do not necessary have to be under the same roof or together to have a positive impact on that child's life.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If both parents are happy then staying together is the best, but when one or both parties are not happy it is better for the child for them to be apart. They will model their future relationships after what they see in their home and I would rather my child be single and happy as an adult then to live in an unhappy environment with someone.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yeah it good to be together but if your not happy & dont want to be with him then you shouldnt but you should probably live in the same area so you can be close like walking distant if he lives in an apartment get in apartment close to him like next door
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• girl i did that and it just hurts both u and the child n the long run
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with everyone else
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010