My family is driving me CRAZY! What should I do??

I am the go to person for everything! Wear are my socks, shoes, keys, wallet ect... but when I ask for help they say I don't know and act like lazy blobs. My husband says he wants to help me out and asks how to and I say thank you and let him know and then he messes things up. I cooked dinner last night and he came in to "help" and impulsively threw some raw chicken into a dirty pan to start cooking it. After I told him I needed to clean the pan out first. He didn't listen to me. He tries to help with laundry and I tell him thanks but make sure to wash our daughters clothes on delicate and separately. He washed a whole load of her clothes with towels and her clothes were torn. We are on a tight budget and can't replace them. I don't want to explode for these mishaps because I appreciate the help but come on! He isn't an infant. Why can't he help with respect? I am at my wits end with these continuous and blatant disregards.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Time to call a family meeting and make your point heard.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• That's why I don't ask for help unless I REALLY don't care how it is done. There is very few times that I don't want it done a certain way, so I do it myself.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Wow are we living in the same house? LOL Let me know when you find out?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. My husband has to be at work around 4:30 am everyday.. so he wakes me up to help him find this and that when I have been up with the baby most of the night. It can get rather annoying but I just do it to be done with it. Then he will try to help in the kitchen.. and does stuff that you just shouldn't then does not understand when I get mad. I tell him to just stay out of my area please. Laundry.. he will throw everything into a load just like you said your husband did... except for he will throw our four month old's clothes in with everyone else's... and it annoys me because I wash his with the baby washing powder to make sure he does not have a reaction.. it all goes downhill.. So now he just knows better... I had a talk with him.. I told him I appreciate that he tries to help but please ask me before you do something.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010