Uterus Question

I am 17+6 pregnant. Today, when I had to really go the bathroom, I felt a large, round, slightly hard areas just below my belly button. I had my husband feel it and he though it was my uterus. I'm not sure what else it could be. However, I cannot feel it when my bladder is empty and I am quite thin. Was this my uterus and why can't I feel it without a full bladder?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 7:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think your uterus should be about 1 1/2 inches below your belly button by now. I could feel mine when I laid down at 18wks
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I just looked it up and it should be an inch below your belly button.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• At this stage it should be about 1 inch below your belly button. The reason you feel it more when your bladder is full is because your bladder is behind your uterus and pushes it closes to the skin when the bladder is full. They often ask you to have a somewhat full bladder for early ultrasounds for this same reason.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010