INDUCE EARLY?

I am in a situation with my fiancee that he will be starting to move us across the US - east coast to the west coast - around the same time the baby is due. He has to get his new business going. I know this sounds horrible, but it has me so scared that he won't be here for the birth that I want to try to go early with 'home remedies'. Also, so I can be with him once the baby comes. One of our friends had to do the same because of a similar situation. I am at 35 weeks now....Any comments please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 37 weeks is full term ne earlier could cause breathing prblems .... not all the time but it can
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i was induced at 34-36 weeks and she was fine. you'll want to consult your doc first though. mine was because i could no longer stand the pain of carrying her.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am against induction 99% of the time. There is a reason natural length of pregnancy is 40 weeks(38-42 approx) and I wouldn't want to screw anything up. There is also a much greater chance of SIDS with inducing early so if you can avoid it, I personally would. Your baby will be healthiest if you let your labor start naturally when it wants to.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 7:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Being induced is not a pleasant situation, at least for me it wasn't. I was induced for medical reasons with my older dd, and had natural labor with my second dd the difference in experiences was huge. I understand you want your df to be with you, but it would be healthier and more pleasant for you and baby to let things happen naturally. My dh was there for our older dd, but not for our second. Quite honestly he wishes he hadn't made it to the first one, and I feel the same way. He was no help, and still talks about how grossed out he was.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• well u have a lot of different answers here. It would prob be better to talk to your dr about this. 35 weeks is long enough to have a healthy baby, but u still should try to wait a little longer. the last little bit the baby is in there helps their lungs. Try to relax and see what happens so u dont harm ur baby. u should at least give it until 36 or 37 weeks. A week could make a difference.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your dr. since it isnt a health issue, they will most likely say no. And being induced isnt always a good thing. It forces your body to do something its not ready for. And since your not full term yet, i wouldnt do it. I understand you want you bf to be with you, but isnt it more important that your child is healthy??
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• **********to everyone who responded, thank you - however, i did not state anything about being chemically induced, i said home techniques (like castor oil) and i should have added that i was going to try to do them at my 37 week mark.
    Anonymous

• Well I had all my kids at 36 weeks without any help. I have heard that walking a ton can help, and lots of sex. However I must warn you if the baby is not ready then it just wont happen. Good luck,
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i had 2 be indused i was in labor but my water would not break. when i got there they told me i was in labor. i had no idea. i didnt feel my contractions.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 7:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I tried every home remedy know to man and none of them worked!! They will only work if you are physicaly ready to go into labor anyway! Talk to your Dr. most of them are willing to induce labor a week or two early if you have a reasonably good reason for wanting to do it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008