is wanting to just have a second child because you feel theres a missing piece in your life a good enough reason?

if you are deciding to have more children you think about all the reasons to either wait, wait longer or not to have more children at all, but what reasons do you think are good reasons to have a child?
if your reason is not so theres a playmate for your first born, and not because your bored or nostalgic with baby fever or jealous of all the other mothers, but what if you really want another child because you think your little family just doesnt quite feel complete and there is someone missing? is that a strong enough reason to have a second child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, it's your family. You'll know when it is complete.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think everyone has a different reason for having another child. Neither of my children were planned because I was suppose to not be able to have children. I got pretty lucky with having the two beautiful children I have although my pregnancies were very high risk. Everything happens for a reason even if there is no reason at all.. and every child is a blessing. If you feel like your family is not complete and someone is missing.. then by all means it is totally up to you and your spouse on having another child to complete your little family. GL
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think so.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Honestly, if you really want to pick it all apart, is there really a perfect reason for having a child? I child doesn't make you whole, an only child can grow up just fine with no issues, and money will ALAWAYS be an issue! LOL My kids are here because they are supposed to be here. Part of God's plan. My family is complete,I do know that for sure! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• For us...we decided our family was complete with one child. The only reason we would have another child is...if we felt our family was not complete or we wanted one more child. We just do not feel that tug or desire to have more kids. Hence why we only have one child. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• we felt more complete with another child
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Our main reason for wanting another child was to give our DD a sibling to grow up with. We love having our siblings and wanted her to have one as well. PLUS we had more love to give another child, and just knew when the time was right. We have a DD and a DS now. :) :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I think people know if they are supposed to have more children. Even if it seems like a bad time sometimes you just know.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you think you can afford to have another child (financially, emotionally, physically, etc.) and you feel like "someone is missing," then I think that it is fine to try to expand your family (naturally and/or through the means of adoption).
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 11:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010