Why is my two year old so clingy lately?

My dd is two years old and lives with me. Her dad lives nearby and is VERY involved in her life.

Last month, dd and I went from NY to CA to visit my family for 7 days. She and I slept in the same room, and a couple of times she slept in bed with me. She was a little clingy during the visit, but that understandable-meeting my family for the first time, new environment, new bed, etc.

Ever since we've been back, she has been SUPER DUPER clingy. She wants me to hold her and to carry her a majority of the time. She only wants mommy to push the stroller, tie her shoes, help her get undressed, everything. Her dad doesn't say so, but I feel that he is getting his feelings hurt by her behavior. She still interacts with him when he visits and is all smiles, but when it's time to do something like I mentioned above, she only wants mom, and has a hissy fit when dad tries to do it.

Is this something I should be concerned about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it might just be a phase. All three of my sons went through that, each at different ages. It does end, and I miss it now. If you can, just enjoy it, it won't last. They are only small for a short time. it goes by soo fast. Good Luck
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 9:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We've been back from vacation for almost a month now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010