My two year old is acting ready to potty train she tells me and goes so I tried big girl underware because she has been wanting to wear her big girl elmo undies and she was good for a few hours and then wet them? I need help any suggestions?

MissAurora2

Asked by MissAurora2 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What worked real well for my kids was a treat. Something small like gummy bears or m&ms if they went pee in the potty they got 1 if they pooped in the potty they got 2.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 7:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• that and you cant expect her to get it right away. my son has been potty training for 2m and he still wets every oce in a while. a few hours is good that means she is holding it you just have to know when she goes and put her on the potty at those times.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Had you asked your little one throughout those few hours, if she had to potty? The little boy I daycared for, would have accidents, if I wasn't asking every half hour or so, in the beginning of his training. He seemed to get preoccupied and just forget. Your kido seems eager to get it right, that's a great start, some kids shun the potty. Maybe a couple PeePee reminders might help.
    doublefistin

Answer by doublefistin at 8:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I use to set a timer for every hour and make my daughter sit on the potty. She is doing good if she is using the potty at all right now. She will have accidents occassionally for awhile. Just be patient. Keep up the positive reinforcement!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2008