what is the best exercise tone and lift the booty? how long does it take? anyone out there actually see a change?

i got bad knees so i can't do squats or lunges. any others that work?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 8:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Not sure if you'll be able to do this one either but, you get down on all fours and extend your leg behind you while squeezing your buns. You do one leg at a time (obviously).
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• stair master - takes FOREVER - my sister did it and her ass is perfect!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• skittles1108 "You do one leg at a time (obviously). "

laughing

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes---one leg at a time. But seriously, that really does work! Its a Yoga pose. In fact there are a bunch of Yoga poses that tighten up your rear. Try it!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with the 1st answer. I do those AFTER getting off my eliptical. Its good for those of us with bad knees, hips, backs etc bc it has no impact on your joints. You can do a lot of workouts on all fours, mainly one leg at a time, lifting your leg up slowly, holding it for two breaths, bringing it down adn repeating. you can also do the same move but add a lil something, like straighten your leg when you lift it and drop it slowly down on one side then the other. I have a pretty decent butt after it. Make sure you pad your knees! Fold a yoga mat a few times.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree with the other posters. Pad your knees with a yoga mat and it shouldn't bother your knees. Also an elliptical SOUNDS like it would be bad on your knees but they're really low impact. I have one and I have arthritis in my knees and it doesn't bother them.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I used this book called Callenentics. I loved it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2010