is the way we eat destroying our humanity?

this is a thought provoking piece...

Has the junk food addiction in America lead to the decline of society? has chemical laden food created an uncivil political atmosphere?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-pirello/does-the-way-we-eat-affec_b_751260.html

lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No I don't. I think it's a lot of things, but the biggest problem is failure to be self accountable. If people stopped acting like others control their choices, they'd stop blaming anything and everything and be accountable, I think we'd hear a lot less.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Since when were we civil?

Our history is a violent bloody mess...

I DO think it is creating OTHER MEDICAL CRISIS'....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I wonder how it affects the mental processes and if it contributes to the decline of manners. (you know, like it breaks down chemical processes int he brain in the part that process social interaction.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I doubt it. We are victims of the Media which is full of crap and features TV shows and movies with people with no manners and no class.
    The TV and movies now are mostly filled with promiscuous,narcssistic people and filthy language and a feeling that the most important thing is "What's in it for me?" and the general public emulates that.

Life and the Media were totally different when I was a kid in the 1940's and 1950's. I didn't even know any filthy words and had no clue about sex until I was in my mid-teens. Girls are having babies in theirNOWDAYS, kids are growing up too fast and parents don't care. Then these kids grow up to be illiterate and insensitive adults who don't care.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• CONT: Girls are having babies in their teens now.
    This has nothing to do with FOOD. It has to do with the breakdown of the family , no parental responsibilty and lack of moral standards and no respect.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I must add....the one thing I agreed with in that article was "the family dinner". And the fact that people no longer dress up or have polite conversation or manners. I grew up with a family who always ate together and talked toegether politely and without anger and words that shock. I think everyone needs an attitude adjustment and strong, respectable families.And manners and consideration and empathy.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• gertie, I disagree with you most of the time..well more than most. :) When you start talking about the "family" and traditional old fashioned values I am in total agreement though. I voted ALL of your answers up.

OP, I hadn't thought much about food being an issue. I am pretty picky about what we eat and I think there are some on cm that would think I fit the profile you describe. :) I tend to believe the breakdown of the American family has more to do with it than anything else.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010