The rule of three? (Sort of a survey/poll question)

I know this is found in the Wiccan Rede, but how many non-Wiccans also follow this belief?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I adhere to it in most of my magick, because the karmic repercussions are quite real. There ARE situations wherein you have to weigh whether the need is greater than the possible karmic debt. I think you must make an effort to do something good in every spell you perform, but you must not be afraid to do something dark if it becomes necessary.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Rule of three is basicaly Karma....though a little more in-depth, and I'm a firm believer in getting what you put out.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Eclectic Pagan, I sure don't follow it, nor the Wiccan Rede.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Pretty much just not in that wording. "You reap what you sow" "Karma" and so on. It is all the idea of the law of attraction.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Every religion or belief system believes this to some degree, it just isn't called the same thing. Even though I am not particularly religious, I still believe that what you put out comes back to you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I still follow the "Law of Three", but I don't see it quite the same way as some people do, and didn't even when I was strictly Wiccan. I don't think things come back to you three TIMES. Instead, I believe the things you do effect you on three LEVELS. Whatever you do "comes back to you" (has an effect on you) "three times" (on the mental, physical, and spiritual levels).
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I see the Law Of Attraction, The Wiccan Rule of Three and Karma as all one in the same... When we send out energy, it comes back to us. And in general all actions have 3 steps - 1. Inception/Planning 2. Carry Through 3. Reaction - So yes, I do believe the energy returns 3 fold, because it goes out three times.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It's called "reep what you sow" in the bible.   Galatians 6:7-8

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am an eclectic pagan witch and I believe in karma in a sense.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Wiccish Neo-Pagan here...and I follow it.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010