Who is the disciplinarian in your house?

You or some one else? If someone else, who? In today's age of blended families and many other possible combinations, I could not begin to list them all. ;)

Bonus Question:
For parents with older children (10 - 18), has the disciplinarian ever changed and if so, why?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 8:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband and I try to share the disciplinary role, but it is hard... I think he is more strict than I am at times, but other times he is way too lax. I don't know... We are still trying to figure this whole discipline thing out. Our daughter is 2.5, so I think we still have time to figure out our roles and how to play off of one another.
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 10:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I stay at home with my 2 young kiddos so I am the main one during the day. When hubby is home though...it is hard to step back and let him without adding mine in there because I'm so used to doing it. But I'm learning to let him do his thing when he is here and let him be the man of the house. So I guess both in most ways.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My dh and i both enforce discipline. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am the main disciplinarian. My hubby is getting better at being in that role.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i am and i will always be and that will never change...my husband is the fun i am the in order one...IM THE LAW...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My dh is closer to the "disciplinarian" by definition of the household but I am with our daughter more and my approach is to explain things to her and time outs when needed which she responds better to.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Def the husband. He was a SAHD for several years and now the tables have turned but he is still in charge when we are both home.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I guess I will be.. my dh just wants to be their playmate lol
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm a divorced mom. I deal with them at my house, he deals with them at his.
    msm2010

Answer by msm2010 at 4:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010