Really?!!!

Paladino: Gays "not the kind of example we should be showing our children"

Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Carl Paladino says he takes a "live and let live" approach to gay people -- but he doesn't want kids growing up to think that they are normal or should be emulated in any way.

Paladino spent much of Sunday talking to ultra-Orthodox Jews in Boro Park and Williamsburg, Brooklyn, emphasizing his socially conservative positions.

In Williamsburg, Paladino said that's one of the things distinguishes himself from his Democratic rival Andrew Cuomo.

"I didn't march in the Gay Parade -- Gay Pride Parade -- this year," Paladino says. "My opponent did. And that's not the kind of example we should be showing our children."

Paladino went on to say children need to be taught a lesson about homosexuality.

"I just think my children and your children would be much be

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Bet you're right, older!! Those who hate something so much and speak out against it so strongly are usually that thing themselves. That should make for an interesting announcement in the near future.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• paladino needs to piss off.

"Our" children? I don't have children with that idiot, and I refuse them to be hateful like him. He has no say in the matter.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I bet he is a closet gay!

Answer by older at 9:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh please, what a prick. And YOU Paladino are sending the right message to our children? To judge and disrespect those who are different?
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• That hardly sounds like a "live and let live" approach. Sounds like he's just trying to sugar coat his obvious dislike for gays.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Carl Paladino says he takes a "live and let live" approach to gay people -- but he doesn't want kids growing up to think that they are normal or should be emulated in any way.
    This is contrary to a live and let live approach.  I would personally never vote for a candidate who was so obviously prejudiced.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I don't know, Paladino. I have gay friends that I think would make far better role models than you could ever dream of being. I wish I lived in your state so that I could vote against you.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My guess is he was trying to appease to the Ultra Orthodox Jewish community by saying what he thought they would like to hear. We Jews are mostly Democrats, so maybe he thought he would touch the conservative part of us. Heshould know that being conservative doesn't mean being stupid....

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• seriously, does he think all the gays are going to pounce on the children? how much longer do we have to live with the gay person as a sexual deviant stereotype?

all i know is MY children would be much better off if he wasnt elected...even if he is all the way in NY.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• What an ass... and hypocrit.
    So, let them live their life, all while excluding and degrading them to children.. wooohooo
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010