is this normal???

i feed my 6 month old baby food and she will cry for a hour sometimes longer and if i dont feed her food shes fine.... what should i do? her dr. keeps telling me to fee her still even tho she crys

AngelGrace0510

Asked by AngelGrace0510 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She doesn't HAVE to have food yet. Give her her milk and after if she wants a bite or two let her have it, if not, don't worry. Her MAIN nutrition and calories should be her milk, whether breastmilk or formula. Then, some bite only if she wants any.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No. Delay the solids for another month and try again. That's crazy and I would look for a different ped.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• she likes the food she dont gag and she can eat a whole jar but its like it doesnt settle well with her....
    AngelGrace0510

Comment by AngelGrace0510 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yea, her stomach just isnt ready. It's okay. She doesnt need it for another several months. No harm in letting her try again later. Research baby led solids. It may be the answer to your problems.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well I would say wait another month I agree with new_mom808
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I know my daughter would cry when she was 4 months. It was due to her not having a developed enough stomach to digest the rice cereal that was mixed with breast milk. So we went back to just breast milk for another month and tried again when she was 6 months old. She was fine at 6 months. So I would stop and wait a month and then try again. And try a different ped. if a baby is crying after eating there is something a miss.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• If you want to continue with solids, maybe try just giving her a little less and see what happens. She may be overeating.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Maybe change the food. Try just mashing up a banana and mixing it with formula, still very runny. Stick with that for about a month. Baby's tummy needs time to adjust. Later try rice cearal or vey runny peas and formula. I rarley used jars of food until mine was about 9 months. Mostly I cooked food and mashed it myself, so I could control how thick it was.
    chicanueva

Answer by chicanueva at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would stop giving her solids and try again in a few weeks. Depending on how well I liked the pediatrician I would either be looking for another one or just ignoring his/her advice on this issue.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010