what formula do you use for reflux?

Poor dd spits up chunky formula after every feeding :(
iv tryed soy, gental plus, sensitive and none seem to do any good. She spits up atleast half of what she drinks. I dont know what else to do for her. She always seems hungry.

Or is there something else i should be doing for her or giving her?

P.s. Shes almost 5 months old if that makes a difference...

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they dr has to give you a prescription for some medicine to give her.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• the*
    proudmommy690

• My DD had HORRIBLE reflux, so bad she wasnt gaining any weight and we had to put her on Prosobee ( soy ) and ever since then things cleared up very quickly!!!!!!

With my second DD I just went ahead and put her on SOY and we havent had any reflux problems
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Forgot to add--

Have you tried the liquid formula??

DD couldnt use the powder bc even if you make it ahead of time your putting extra air into the formula which will make her spit up really bad.

And put a little rice ceral in the formula and it helps a lot

If all else fails Nutramagein works but it is CRAZY expensive!!!
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh my dd is very chubby! Shes 17lbs now so gaining weight isnt a problem lol.
    Dr saids he wont give her anything because shes gaining weight fine, he saids she will out grow it but she spits up so bad that we both go through atleast 4 clothing changes a day!
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I could try the liquid... Do you know if WIC covers the liquid ones?
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My daughter had colic until she was 2 months old---gas and distended abdomen, then started spitting up and that didn't stop until she was about 14 months old. But she gained weight. And she was healthy. She will be okay.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• sounds to me like you need to find a different dr!! my daughter was spitting up her formula and still gaining weight..but she still put her on soy. try soy for your dd
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'd get the doc to give her the meds rather then keep changing formulas over and over again. If this is your ped refusing, ask for a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist. They prescribed meds for my son, even though his weight was fine. He was miserable until the meds.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My youngest son never spit up THAT much, but he was more of a "spitter" than my other 2. When he was 11 mos old and STILL spitting up, I asked the doc. She was concerned, but not too much - he was gaining weight just fine - ahead of the "curve", etc. We decided to wait and see. A couple of weeks later he developed a horrible rash. After several trips to the office, she finally drew blood and we discovered he has a milk allergy. Keep in mind he was almost a year old by now - and on regular formula the entire time!! So the spitting up could be reflux, but it COULD be an underlying problem. That last month before he was diagnosed with the allergy I had him in the office EVERY WEEK because I knew something was wrong! After we switched him to soy he very rarely spit up. I know you said you tried soy, but maybe the liquid would be better? GL mama!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010