How Do I Get Cat Stains Out of Concrete Floors?

I have 3 cats one is a male. He goes #2 outside the litter box no matter how clean the boxes are. I have 3 litter boxes. He's been doing it for awhile. I even changed the kind of litter I use. His issue is not medical. So I have to clean the floor all the time. I need to know how to clean the concrete before I lay down rubber flooring.

Thanks.

SoozeeWB

Asked by SoozeeWB at 9:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pets

• I don't think you can. If there is an odor, paint it with an oil based paint if you can find one. It will seal in the odor before you lay down the floor.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Acid wash. It has to be professionally done and cost about $5,000 to do and can take 3 days before totally finished.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Holy cow Keaton Hazel. I was going to say try bleach but it is just a guess.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Not sure, but good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Is it urine or feces? If it's urine, it's best to get professionals in, especially if it's soaked into the concrete. If it's just feces, you should be able to use natures miracle to clean it up.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yea sorry but thats what my friend had to do on her floors. And thats why we have tile in our home. Concrete is very absorbent and it sokes down, then theres no other way of cleaning it but an acid wash.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Try peroxide!!!!!

Peroxide can be found next to the rubbing alcahol at the store. It will be in a brown bottle...costs less than a dollar for a large bottle of it!!

Pour it full strength onto the stain. Let it fizz up for a while (maybe 5 min or so) pat dry and reapply fresh peroxide, scrub with a brush and wipe dry. :)

I LOVE peroxide for stains!! Its cheap and it works!!
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 3:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010