After a C-section when did you start lifting your 25+ lb toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• When it's completely healed. Like a couple weeks.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I would say about 3 weeks after as my mother kept her a bit for us while I did heal from the c-section. If not then it would of been the day I got home from the hospital as my daughter does not stay too far from me.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• About a week and a half after.  I had no choice since I was home alone with 3 kids (newborn, 13mo and 2yo) and had to lift the 2 older kids in and out of their cribs and highchairs.  Not sure what else I was supposed to do.  My husband went back to work about 10-12 days after I had my c-section and then I was on my own with 3 kids under 3.  I even cooked Thanksgiving dinner 2 1/2 weeks after she was born.  Life didn't stop becuase I had surgery.

This last time (my 5th) I wasn't lifting other kids but we were in the process of moving so I was packing and carrying boxes, etc.  Someone had to do it (we moved when he was 3 weeks old).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• About 2 weeks. My husband was home with me for the first week, my mom came everyday at naptime to put my son in his crib and take him back out after his nap for another week.

Answer by missanc at 8:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010