I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and this morning as I was rushing to wash some laundry I slipped and fell on my belly. When my husband heard the noise he came downstair and then started screaming at me and telling me I was an idiot because I "could have killed his child." he hasn't spoken to me the whole day, what is a good way to let him know that i'm sorry and it wasn't my fault?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't. He should have comforted you and help you up and took you to the doctor. If he has that little compassion now...I would have packed up and left. You do NOT need to apologize. You did nothing wrong. He should apologize and you should get out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Uh... your husband sounds like a complete asshole and does not deserve your apology. There is nothing for you to apologize to him for!!! You accidentally slipped and fell and could have been hurt! He should be taking care of you, not yelling at you! That's terrible.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 9:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• OMG your husband is an ass. I left my husband a year ago, after he finally hit me. For years prior to that he was condescending and acted as if my job was to cook for him and raise HIS child, according to his standards of how things should be done. He used to berate me for not breastfeeding (in his opinion) often enough. Looking back I think he got a sick satifaction out of seeing me exhaisted. OK. maybe yours is not the monster mine was, but you are headed for disaster if you think You should apologize to HIM. Please get the jerk into marriage counseling or get out of there.
    chicanueva

Answer by chicanueva at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• your hubby needs a foot in his ass, not an apology.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• wow... he should have helped you and took you to the dr.... don't apoligize.... what a jerk
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree....he's an ASS. DO NOT apologize. He should have took care of you and helped you.

What did he think, that you meant to fall down!

JERK
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Why should you have to apologize? Where was he when u were rushing to do laundry?? Your 7 months pregnant, the least he could have done was do the laundry his damn self or help you with it. The nerve of him!!! He was probably sitting on his arse! Instead of him making sure u and his child r okay he calls u names wtf is that. JMO but it sounds like the early stages of Emotional Abuse to me. You don't need to apologize for anything!!!! NOTHING AT ALL!
    MsCherry2Babee

Answer by MsCherry2Babee at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Your husband sounds like a TOTAL ASSHOLE. I slipped and fell when I was probably 6 or 7 months pregnant and my fiance came running over to make sure I was okay. He was so scared I hurt myself or that I landed on my belly, but I was fine. That is what your husband SHOULD have done. Its not like you purposely fell and if he is too immature and ridiculous to understand that, well then, you are gonna have your hands full when that baby comes. He sounds very controlling of you and that is NO good.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Awww honey, I'm sorry he treated you that way. You deserve better than that.Anyone deserves better than that. Hope everything works out for you and good luck on the delivery :)
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 9:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You should not have to say anything to him. I was about 7 months pregnant, it was one night I was cleaning my daughters highchair and I guess some water spilled out from the side when I was putting it back on the chair. On the way back I slipped on the water and fell. When I called my husband and told him about it he ran out of work to come home to see if I was ok and forced me to the hospital. That is exactly what your husband should of done. Please be careful as my sister was with someone like your husband and he would hit my sister and when the kids was older about 2 he hit him as well. Not saying your husband has hit you but his attitude sounds kind of like my sisters ex and that is how it all started. Take care of yourself and your baby, who cares about your husband.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 10:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010