what are some things i acan do with my daughter that will not cost a lot of money?

me and my family worker have been trying to come up with things to do with my daughter that would be fun for her to do. but right now really can't think of any thing that could be fun for us to do. so dou guys have any ideas that would not coast a lot. please let me know or can let me know somethings that you have done with your kids or kid.

MissMandy25

Asked by MissMandy25 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Entertainment

• My dd and I go to the park where they have a duck pond and fish. She loves fishing even if she doesn't catch anything. She also loves it when we just sit outside together and play with her chalk. Playing board games is something we could do for days on end if she had her way. If you need anymore ideas feel free to send me a pm.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Check out your local library! Often times, they will have a toddler story-time. It depends on where you live, but an afternoon picnic at the park is a good time! Also, I know that here in my area, our museums, zoos, and botanical gardens all have a free-day once a month. They can get quite busy, but are worth going to if you can't afford the price of admission which is kind of pricey. Our malls have indoor play areas where the kids can play with others while the parents watch. This time of year, there are often fall festivals with fun things for the kids to do as well. It really just depends on where you live. I hope this gave you at least a few ideas!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Libraries and parks are great ideas! Our library does toddler time. I also think it is fun to get a coffee for me, a juice for her, and just cuddle up in a big chair and read books for awhile. Then she can run around and I don't have to worry because we are in the children's section. I have been looking for good cold weather ideas as well. I found out a musuem by our house does a story and craft hour that is free. My mom suggested getting a cup of coffee at the McDonalds with a play place. Chuck E Cheese has a day during the week where they don't charge for games. Our mall has a little indoor play area. You could get a little treat and play there for awhile.

Good luck!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Picnics at the park are always affordable - look into parks that have big playgrounds and maybe a pond to feed the ducks.
    Really for smaller children it is not what you do, it is spending time together. You don't have to always do something different. Just staying at home or in your yard and doing something with them like cooking, coloring, playing games. Go for a walk in the neighborhood.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 8:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I take dd to the mall and let her run wild. J/K, kind of! We will go to the mall and I let her play with the other kids in the play area. We go to the park...but it's getting too cold here now. The movie theater has $5 tickets on the weekends if you get there before noon. We play "teacher and student" and she gets to tell me what to do! Just things like that. Check out the dollar store, I always find crafty stuff to do there, or workbooks, flash cards, even books.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• All the above are great ideas and I was going to say the library as well... but you can also check out local craft or scrapbooking stores, they often have mom and me days or even kids project zones where kids can complete craft projects. Or what about your city parks and rec department? I know where I live they have lots of preschooler activities as low cost for city residents! Have fun!

cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 2:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2008