He's hiding the car keys...

We are both on the title but he is hiding them from me cuz I'm trying to leave.... last night he body slammed me.... He keeps texting me saying I'm a dirty hoe and other names.... legally is there anything I can do?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to call the police.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• you legally should be able to with your name on the car too.. is there anybody that could come pick you up?? call the cops he'll have to let you leave if you dont wanna be there..he's holding you there against your will and thats against the law. good luck!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Call the police and find someone to stay with....have them pick you up. Any guy who does those things is a danger and needs to be in psychiatric care.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Let him have the car honey! When you are done you are done, and you don't care what you have when you leave. Believe me. You'll get it back ten fold I promise. Call a friend, a cab,someone, please.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• just get out!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes call the police be carefull & call a friend tell them that you want to stay there for know im sorry to hear what you are going threw you dont deserve that i hope it gets better
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Call a shelter and get out now!

Answer by older at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You are not married if I remember correctly. I would pack all of your important papers and stuff into a couple of bags that he won't notice and then the next time you get the keys, pack all that you can into the car and drive away, to another state. Since you are not married he has no rights to see his kid until he files for joint custody. And possession of the car gives you rights to it. I would see about getting the locks changed on the car too. Is there anyone out of state you can go stay with?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• JUST
    GET
    THE
    HELL
    OUT

before he kills you! Who cares about a hunk of metal??!!??!!
    Anonymous

• Call the fucking police. Legally he is not allowed to threaten you never mind cause bodily harm. Keeping someone against their will is also illegal.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2010