Why is my two year old so clingy lately?

My dd is two years old and lives with me. Her dad lives nearby and is VERY involved in her life.

Last month, dd and I went from NY to CA to visit my family for 7 days. She and I slept in the same room, and a couple of times she slept in bed with me. She was a little clingy during the visit, but that understandable-meeting my family for the first time, new environment, new bed, etc.

Ever since we've been back, she has been SUPER DUPER clingy. She wants me to hold her and to carry her a majority of the time. She only wants mommy to push the stroller, tie her shoes, help her get undressed, everything. Her dad doesn't say so, but I feel that he is getting his feelings hurt by her behavior. She still interacts with him when he visits and is all smiles, but when it's time to do something like I mentioned above, she only wants mom, and has a hissy fit when dad tries to do it.

Is this something I should be concerned about? We've b

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think as you said it was adjustment when you were visiting and now it's an adjust of being back. it's just a security thing. I know when my son starts to get clinging his is getting sick, a cold or something.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• But does it take month to readjust?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• it could. every kid is differnet. try to get into a routine. see if that helps. she probable thinks every time you leave the house your going to be gone awhile. maybe have dad take her for the day of just the two of them to get reacquainted. or maybe it's just the terrible two's. give her choices that help with mine like if you say go brush your teeth you get the answer NO! but if you say do you want Barny or Elmo tooth paste they pick one. either way their brushing their teeth

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• When my oldest was 2 1/2 we went away from home for several days. At home he had his own bed, went to bed just fine, stayed in bed all night, etc. We went away and due to space constraints he had to sleep with us. When we got home he would climb out of his crib to come in our room - something he had NEVER done EVER before that. I agree - it is a security thing. It was a long trip with many new things, so just give her some time.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010