Does anyone have some good ideas on how to give an online baby shower?

I want to give my friend a baby shower but most of her family and friends do not live near her.

draguhnflye

Asked by draguhnflye at 8:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you away from your friends and family?
    My friends and family live out in Colorado.
    My husband is military and so now we are in California. I looked online and one of the suggestions was for them to throw you a shower and you watch it on the web cam.. lol.. I told my mom i couldnt do that... I cant just shut the web cam down when everyone stays and has fun at my shower while im sitting in cali all alone =( So, i talked to my Dr and bought a ticket home to be there in person.. Good luck!
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 12:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Sorry I didnt read what you said under you question.. Maybe you can invite some girls over and she can get get to know some new people. You can send out invites and let her friends and family know where she is registerd. Then they can buy her some baby gifts and have the store ship them to her. That is kind of what i have to do. I cant take all my gifts back to cali on the plane so when people buy my gifts they will have them shipped to me through the store. Once again good luck with your decision. Its so hard being away from close family and friends especially when your prego=(
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 12:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If most of her family and friends live close together you could have a baby shower for her and video tape it all and then send the items purchased and the video to her. Everyone talks to the camera just like they are talking to her and maybe at the beginning or end each person can send their best wishes to her. I wish my family would do it for me. :-( I live in Oklahoma and my entire family is in Michigan.
    aimhighschool

Answer by aimhighschool at 11:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2008