Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If there is a court order for joint legal and physical custody

and the other parent takes the child out of the state and doesn't show up to the next court date . you would think something would be done about that right? how can he go to court recently and nothing be done to him. shouldn't there be record of this?

Answer Question

Asked by sheydorn at 7:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • if they issed a court date then there will be qa bench warrent put out also most of those agree ments have to state permission to leave the state with the child with out written and signed by both parents permission then it is considered parental kidnapping and is going to mess up alot of chances for the child to be given to the parent that did such act ... so yes if they didnt show then a bench warrent would be given out by the judge

    Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • but that is only if there are the papers for it if it is before the papers then they have the right to leave legally but still missing a court date that is still a bench warrent

    Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • Trust me girl the court will not help!!! My experience right now I have filed for legal seperation and custody of kids, He is served knows when and where, we go to mediation and he storms off, we go to court thinking that I will get the kids again he doesn't show up but no he get them 1/2 WHAT!!! I do all the work go to the appts show that I am the involved parent and he gets 1/2 I'm not the dopehead, I am the only one working. I go to every school appt, I am the responsible one and he gets 1/2 so for me to fix this I have to go to court again, and again, and again.The only win I got is that I'm the parent my kids live with so I can move and he can't do anything about it!Judge was in a hurry so they can't talk about the rest of the court orders so my kids suffer

    Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

  • Sometimes the court is NO HELP. We had to go to court for my SS and his mom didn't show up all they did was give us what we wanted and didn't do anything to her. She has never acted like she cared about this child. We will be going to court again and I am sure she won't be there especially since once again no one knows where she is.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.