The new neighbors might be criminals?

About 4 months ago, we had some new people move in on my street. I have not personally met them but it seems like a few guys and maybe a woman...not sure. Well right after they moved in, my fiance's car was broken in to twice in one month right in our driveway and a car was stolen on the street behind us. About a month later, my window was shattered and my car was broken in to and so were several others around my neighborhood. Of course the police have no suspects and don't even care enough to bump up patrol around my neighborhood. Well we thought our troubles were over until last week when we woke up and my fiance's truck was GONE...stolen out of our driveway. It was recovered abandoned on the side of the road in Illinois (about an hour drive from my town) with a stolen radio and speakers. I have been staying up every night watching to see if I can catch these people, and last night at about 4 am, I noticed cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Get some cameras for your driveway. They aren't that expensive. Also some motion lights. You can get some inexpensive hunting cameras that take a series of pictures when there is movement. In combination with the motion lights, you can actually find out who is visiting your driveway. My husband uses the cameras for hunting and we used one to watch a mama duck when her babies hatched in the duck house. It is surprising how detailed the pictures can be. Good Luck!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It would be reaaally dumb of them to commit so many crimes on their own streets. But if they are sooner or later they will probably mess up. I'd continue to keep an eye out.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• pull up the street, stop in the middle of the road in front of their house, several people got out of the car going back and forth from the car to the house, then they all jumped back in the car and left again. A car following them also pulled into my driveway and then backed out really quick. Coincidentally, they own a business in Illinois, near where my fiance's truck was found. I know this because they have a work van with the address on it in their driveway. My fiance has said all along that he thinks it is them. I'm not sure what to think anymore? Could it be? What do you think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The new neighbors pulled up the street*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It's possible I suppose. Not sure what you can really do about it without hard evidence though. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• It is possible but it could also be nothing more than coincidence. If you know their names you can look to see if they do have a criminal past. Other than that you may want to install some sort of surveillancein your house, don't leave any valuables outside in your vehicles and lock your vehicles.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• its possible but you have no way of proving it right now....most police depts don't have the funds and officers to "bump up patrol" and studies have shown that it does not have a significant effect on crime rates anyways.

I agree with lifes a dance.. buy some inexpensive cameras and motion lights, make sure to park all vehicles within site of the cameras and just hope to get them on camera next time..

ps. make sure they are night vision capable cameras lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010