• In the Spotlight:

Why Do Woman Lose Interest in Sex After Their Baby is Born?

I have spoken to many other mom friends of mine about this and all of them haven't given an answer. Why is it that woman lose attraction to their man **not lose love for them** just sexual attraction after their baby is born?

JacksonsMommyx3

Asked by JacksonsMommyx3 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I didn't..... I had no sex drive when I was prego but afterwards I did
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I am the same way I do not know. I think fear of getting pregnant again. I recently got a IUD so I don't have to worry about that, however I'm just to tired to do the deed.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Because their body has been through a major trauma, she is tired, her hormones are in transition, maybe she is breast feeding and preoccupied with pleasing and nuturing her baby.....many reasons. If you have gotten through a delivery and you are up every few hours feeding a baby,eyc. would YOU have the energy to even think about sex? Haha....I think not.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well first of all not all women have that probably, but unfortunately, a lot of us do. And alot of it has to do with hormones. But even when those hormones go back to normal, the problem can still exist. And for me at least, I think its because my son takes my full attention the entire day and by the time he goes to bed at 10pm, I am just physcially and mentally exhausted. Not to mention its hard to fell sexy when pregnancy screwed your body, and there's a sleeping baby in the next room. I also think that in most relationships, by the time you decide you want to have a baby and actually accomplish that goal, the honeymoon stage is over with and the excitement of trying to concieve is too. Just my theories.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well, for me, I was in extreme amount of pain for months after birth - both times... The last think I wanted was someone touching me in those areas. And to make things worse the hormone changes I went through really cut my sex drive down to nothing and when we do have sex (even years later) we have "lubrication" issues, even with the artificial stuff, which only adds to the pain and lack of want. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but once I had my oldest, I just had no more want for sex and in some cases I literally dreaded the idea...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Um because of hormones, being tired, needing to heal and get back to old self can take a while. some women get higher sex drives while others have lower ones. If dad's would pitch in then mom could speed up the recovery time and get plenty of rest and have more desire for that.

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i dont know. its definatly true for me though. im still attracted to my SO and want to have sex, just not that much. we used to have sex like more then once a day, now i dont want more then once every other day & even that might be too much. i think alot of it has to do with not likeing my body as much, having too much other stuff on my mind, & alot of fighting thats happened with me and my SO since i got pregnant.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I don't know. I'm a horn dog before, during, and after pregnancy....it never ends, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Before it was all about me and my DH. Now it's all about me and my five kids and DH. Since having my first baby my sex drive has dropped quite a bit. I think it's just my energy is divided in so many directions. Being a mom takes a lot out of you!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 10:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• cause im tired...
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 10:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010