what is a cheap homemade halloween costume you could be for halloween?

michellem7781

Asked by michellem7781 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you have a purple shirt (or green) and similar colored pants, blow up tons of purple ballons and pin them to the clothes to be a bunch of grapes. Add some brown felt to a hat to be the branches. I saw this on a little girl at a fall festival. She was adorable!
    momsusie

Answer by momsusie at 3:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well the cheapest I can think of, for homemade...would be...A Ghost. Get an old sheet and cut eyes out and blacken the eye area with a black marker!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• These look like really cute sites filled with ideas.........

http://www.robinsfyi.com/holidays/halloween/costumes.htm

http://www.1halloween.net/html/costumes.html

http://www.budget101.com/budget102_boo.htm
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• When I was a kid my mom would dress me up as gypsy. She would have me wear one of her long flowy skirts, a oversized blouse, a scarf over my head and lots of necklaces.

When I was about 9 or 10 she had me dress as a punk rocker. The only thing she paid for was some spray color for my hair.

Paula Dean mentioned on her show that she used an old pillow case and cut out holes for arms and head. Then she sewed the words My name is ------and I am a ghost.

Could dress the child in brown or black and use eye liner to make a doggie or kitty nose with whiskers.

Use toilet paper or material from an old sheet and wrap the child up to be a mummy
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You can wear all black and got to your local dollar tree and buy glowsticks and be a stick person..just glue the sticks on your clothes as if you were drawling a stick man..you would also need a tabogan and use a neckless as the head.
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My daughter was a pirate last year, we found a skirt that was layered or flowy and a white shirt, etc.
    My oldest son was a zombie, we found some pants too short for him, cut them up some and did the same with an old shirt. My middle son was Frankenstein and all I bought was a mask for a dollar. I have also found great costumes at goodwill and hand-me-down stores for 2.00
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• last year I took a black shirt, black stockings ,and a red skirt, and was a lady bug. I cut out felt circles of red and black and taped it on my clothes.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• cut holes in a box (for head and arms) and wrap it in christmas wraping paper, put a bow on the head and be a christmas present
    restlessspirit

Answer by restlessspirit at 12:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008