How do I find the voting record for Judges that are up for retention in my state?

I've tried bing.com, google.com, and even looked on judgepedia. Does anyone know of a website that shows this information?

Laura2U

Asked by Laura2U at 10:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The secretary of state has a website that will give you information on who is on your ballot. Each state is slightly different. But from there you should be able to learn about the candidates.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Nope, that didn't help. She doesn't have any info. I guess no news is good news?
    Laura2U

Comment by Laura2U (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Laura--which state are you in?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I didn't mean voting record, I don't know why I wrote that. I meant their record.

I'm in Oklahoma. They have really horrible state sites!
    Laura2U

Comment by Laura2U (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm voting absentee so I have all of their names, and I've googled them all, done bing.com, looked on wikipedia, can't find anything about how they've judged and decisions they've made. Two of them I decided were Conservative because of things on wikipedia about them, but the other four I can't find anything except their phone number. :(
    Laura2U

Comment by Laura2U (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Laura--Does this help?

Oklahoma State Courts Network

Under the "legal dockets tab" I found this:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/report.asp?report=WebJudicialDocketJudgeAll

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you don't want to pore through legal dockets, you can also try searching newspaper sites. It will give you a look at coverage of higher-profile cases at the very least.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thanks to both of you! Apparently one of the judges helped pass a bill that would make it illegal to post court records online, and that's why I'm having a hard time finding anything. He said it was for public privacy. :( Am I the only person that looks up Judges' records before voting for retention?
    Laura2U

Comment by Laura2U (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2010